…a trustworthy envoy brings healing. Proverbs 13:17b
Our ethics are guided by Biblical principles and integral faith. All of our staff members are active members of their church communities and are accountable to their families, leaders, pastors, and church communities. We want you to feel that you can trust us, and we recognize that’s not always possible given the nature of the internet. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via phone and we’ll promise to have that conversation with you.
The Envoy Group is an independent entity that is not controlled by any one program, though we do maintain strong professional relationships with the residential and therapeutic boarding school programs we engage. The programs we choose to work with sponsor our endeavor to educate families and distribute information about the therapeutic options available to them via a marketing cooperative called the Refer & Share Network.
Each program in our network must meet our standards of excellence, and must be fully competent, graciously compassionate, and entirely ethical. The network we have created allows our network partners to send families to us so that we can help them find more appropriate programs if the teen in question does not fit their own, regardless of the level of care a family requires or their ability to afford a program.
The Envoy Group assists any family that comes our way with any appropriate program, not just the ones we have personally visited, assessed, validated and regularly suggest. Our network partners agree that we will help families with any program, not just their own, providing us with the resources we need to suggest programs to families at no cost. As such, there is no obligation whatsoever for families to heed our suggestions.
One of the problems we constantly see in the therapeutic boarding school referral placement world is a lack of integrity and weak ethics. Our goal is to push the industry toward a healthier, more open, and less competitive atmosphere built around helping the families we serve as highest priority rather than making money. We think we’ve found a way to do that successfully.
Things We Will Never Do
- We will never charge families for our services
- We will never allow programs to pay for our assessment of their program, or allow them to pay for our travel expenses while visiting their programs
- We will never suggest programs we know are under investigation for violation of licensing, federal or state laws
- We will never suggest programs that we know are operating outside of the bounds of the laws of the state in which they are operating
- We will never suggest programs that we feel are not being effective in doing what they were built to do
- We will never suggest boarding school programs that antagonize or discourage expanding or exploring the faith that potential residents’ parents brought them up in
- We will never suggest one program over another for the purpose of financial gain
- We will never pay our referral specialists incentives for placement, we will always pay a salary
Things We Will Always Do
- We will always help families no matter their financial status or ability to pay for a program
- We will always help families gather information on programs that are not a part of our network
- We will always maintain integrity and openness in the work that we do
We will never suggest one program over another for the purpose of financial gain, nor will we ever steer a family toward one particular service. We will always provide more than one suggestion based upon your needs. In the course of conversation, we may weigh the advantages and disadvantages of one program against another in an effort to assist you in finding the best fit for your family’s needs. The information we provide to you is 100% free, and you are under no obligation whatsoever to heed any of our suggestions.
While we strive to maintain our ethics and our integrity at all times, we recognize that we are human and make mistakes. If you feel that we have not held up to our ethical standards at any point in the process of helping your family, please contact us directly and the CEO of The Envoy Group, Garret Bolthouse, will be happy to speak with you. He has made a commitment to work with you to find a possible solution to our breach in ethics.